Students will understand the kinds and numbers of wildlife that live in Montana, the difference between game and non-game species, the kinds of activities that threaten or benefit certain wildlife species, and the agencies that help protect and use wildlife species.
- how best to observe wildlife
- when they can best be observed where
- importance of observing wildlife
- why it is useful to gather this information.
- Bird banding
- Electro shocking fish
- Raptor surveys
- Transect lines
- Hair snares
- Pellet counts
- Aerial surveys
- Breeding bird surveys
- Hunter surveys
- Snowtrack surveys
Wildlife Species & Interactions with Rangeland and Livestock
- elk, grizzly bear, black bear, gray wolf and mountain lion.